We are proud to announce the winners of our first round of ToothFairy Grants in 2018. Each grantee submitted a successful proposal for support in one of three focus areas including providing preventive oral care services in school-based settings, facilitating inter-professional engagement in children’s oral health and expanding access to oral health services for children with special needs.
Grant recipients are members of the America’s ToothFairy Dental Resource Program, a national network of safety net and non-profit dental clinics serving children and families in need. Recipients include:
- Central Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic – $2,500 Centrix ToothFairy Grant
- Children’s Dental Services – $5,000 Centrix ToothFairy Grant
- Community Dental Care – $5,000 3Mgives Foundation ToothFairy Grant
- Concord Dental Sealant Coalition – $5,000 GC America ToothFairy Grant
- FirstHealth Dental Care – $5,000 America’s ToothFairy Grant
- Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County – $5,000 Ultradent ToothFairy Grant
- Just Kids Dental – $5,000 Heartland Dental ToothFairy Grant
- Kemple Memorial Children’s Dental Clinic – $5,000 Dentsply Sirona ToothFairy Grant
- Ravenswood Family Dentistry – $5,000 Henry Schein ToothFairy Grant
- The Children’s Dental Center of Greater Los Angeles – $5,000 Dr. Cherilyn Sheets and Mark Moehlman ToothFairy Grant
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine – $5,000 Henry Schein ToothFairy Grant
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry – $5,000 GC America ToothFairy Grant
- University of Iowa Department of Pediatric Dentistry – $5,000 Benco Family Foundation ToothFairy Grant
- Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry – $5,000 IQ Dental Supply ToothFairy Grant
Grant funds were raised through the America’s ToothFairy Virtual ToothFairy Ball and Online Auction in November 2017 and through a 2017 cause marketing campaign sponsored by Patterson Dental.
Through these grants, members of our Dental Resource Program will be able to serve more than 15,000 additional children by providing vital school-based prevention programs and comprehensive clinical care for children with special needs. Congratulations to all of our grant winners!