Our 2015 Oral Health Youth Leadership Award Winners
Youth Leadership Award, My Smile Matters
America’s ToothFairy named five winners for its 2015 Oral Health Youth Leadership Awards. The award, which includes a $300 scholarship, recognizes high school students in the United States who are raising awareness of the importance of children’s oral health and developing positive oral health behaviors. The America’s ToothFairy Youth Programs Team identified the winners based on submitted applications and noted community service efforts, including educating and engaging youth and providing volunteer time to local charities and projects. America’s ToothFairy recognizes the importance of providing recognition to youth creating positive community change, while maintaining dedication to academic focus.
The winners are:
- Anna Corley, Jefferson NC, Ashe County HS HOSA (pictured right)
- Danielle Koterbay, Shelton CT
- Samantha Rosinger, Circle Pines, MN, NE Metro Career and Technology Center HOSA
- Isabella Moorman, Spring Lake Park, MN
- Opal Tellez, El Centro, CA, Southwest HS HOSA
Thank you to all of these wonderful students for your efforts to raise awareness of oral health and its connection to overall health and well-being!