(Charlotte, NC, January 11, 2016) – Supporting the expanded delivery of oral health services to underserved children and youth across the country, Cosmedent has donated a collection of resin cements, dental composites, temporary and impression materials, and other valuable products to America’s ToothFairy: National Children’s Oral Health Foundation®.
Valued at more than $102,000, the donation was distributed to 11 nonprofit service providers that are members of the America’s ToothFairy Affiliate Network. This network is a collaborative alliance of leading university dental and dental hygiene programs, hospitals, community clinics, mobile units and school-‐‑based programs that provide comprehensive oral health services to underserved children and families.
Recipient Affiliates of the Cosmedent donation include:
- A.T. Still University dba Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health, Mesa, AZ
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington – DC Dental Clinic, Washington DC
- Native American Health Center, San Francisco, CA
- Arroyo Vista Family Health Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Gateway to Oral Health Foundation, Olivette, MO
- Community Dental Services, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- FirstHealth of the Carolinas Dental Care Centers, Southern Pines, NC
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL
- University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, Chapel Hill, NC
- Howard University College of Dentistry, Washington, DC
- CareSouth Carolina Division of Dental Medicine, Hartsville, SCIn addition to donated products, members of the America’s ToothFairy Affiliate Network receive free educational materials, community-‐‑based programs and financial grants to support expansion of their services for children.
“Cosmedent is proud to make this donation to support vital children’s oral health services through America’s ToothFairy and its Affiliate Network,” said Michael O’Malley, President of Cosmedent. “We remain steadfastly committed to expanding access to quality dental services for children and families from underserved communities.”
“We are very grateful for this generous donation of dental products from Cosmedent,” said Fern Ingber, America’s ToothFairy President and CEO. “This donation will allow our Affiliate Network to provide preventive services and care for thousands of children in need across the country.”
Cosmedent, Inc. was founded in 1982 to meet the early demands of educating dentists in the use of composite materials for esthetic dentistry. As one of the pioneering companies in aesthetic dental education, Cosmedent operates the Center for Esthetic Excellence, a highly interactive, hands-‐‑on educational center at its corporate headquarters in downtown Chicago, IL. While maintaining its focus on education, Cosmedent worked with practicing dentists to develop a line of quality products including dental composites, dental adhesives, resin cements, finishing and polishing materials, and core buildup materials that changed the face of dentistry. For more information, visit www.cosmedent.com.