America’s ToothFairy has offered its Scout Patch Program since 2013 with the purpose of educating Boy and Girl Scouts about the importance of dental health and engaging them in teaching others.
To earn their patch, participating Scouts will work to “change beliefs, change behaviors, and change the environment” of children’s dental health and wellness in their communities. Scouts must complete three oral-health related activities and submit a brief report to earn their patch. Examples of community activities include:
- Holding a Smile Drive to collect oral care products for children in need.
- Hosting a health fair to promote dental health.
- Visiting a dental office to learn how dentists and dental hygienists help patients maintain good oral health.
- Presenting dental health educational lessons to younger Scouts.
- Conducting healthy food or water demonstrations.
- Planting a Smile Garden.
Special Thanks To