The Los Angeles Oral Health Zone engages all community stakeholders in addressing oral health disparities and building healthier communities. It combines resources and programs from America’s ToothFairy with local programs, knowledge, expertise, and manpower to address the significant oral health needs of youth in Los Angeles.
By utilizing America’s ToothFairy programs, the ToothFairy 101® Community Education Kit and other resources, the Los Angeles Oral Health Zone works to improve oral health literacy and knowledge, improve access to care and reduce the prevalence of pediatric dental disease.
Los Angeles Oral Health Zone Goals
- Expand access to oral health education
- Increase access to care for at-risk populations
- Promote overall health & wellness for children
Los Angeles Oral Health Zone Clinical and Community Partners
Members of the Dental Clinic Resource Program provide direct services as well as preventive education.
- AltaMed Health Services
- Eisner Pediatric & Family Medical Center
- St. John’s Well Child & Family Center
- The Children’s Dental Center
- The L.A. Trust for Children’s Health
Los Angeles Community Partners/ College Students United with America’s ToothFairy (SUAT) Chapters:
- El Monte School District
- Harbor City Early Childhood/Head Start-Volunteers of America
- USC CHAMPS (1st Five)
- Cerritos College Dental Hygiene SUAT
- LACOE Head Start
Generous funders have made the Los Angeles Oral Health Zone possible including:
For more information on the Los Angeles Oral Health Zone, contact:
Los Angeles Oral Health Zone Manager
Arkansas Oral Health Zone News