America's ToothFairy Oral Health Zone Program
Building Healthier Communities Through Oral Health Zones
As the core of all America's ToothFairy activities, each Oral Health Zone (OHZ) engages all community stakeholders in a comprehensive approach to breaking the cycle of childhood tooth decay and the devastating effects it has on their communities.
- Civic organizations can identify need and raise funds to support the delivery of oral health services.
- Businesses can provide funding and promote community events highlighting the importance of oral health.
- Government officials can support preventive services and oral health education.
- Schools and other education centers can improve the oral health literacy of community members.
- Faith-based organizations can participate in outreach activities with underserved populations.
- Healthcare providers can deliver vital preventive and restorative oral health services.
America's ToothFairy Oral Health Zone Program Goals
- Increase oral health literacy to improve health behaviors among children, their caregivers and teens
- Elevate interest in oral health and improve oral health behaviors
- Provide oral health services in areas where children are currently without access to care
- Increase in the number of children with oral health needs being identified and completing necessary treatment
- Establishment of an effective tracking system to measure program efficacy
- Reduction in tooth decay among at-risk children