Arkansas Oral Health Zone
Arkansas, Oral Health Zone
The Arkansas Oral Health Zone (OHZ) made possible with generous funding from the Delta Dental of Arkansas Foundation, is a statewide initiative that harnesses a community-engaged approach to breaking the cycle of pediatric dental disease and building healthier communities. The AR OHZ combines resources and programs from National Children's Oral Health Foundation (NCOHF) with local programs, knowledge, expertise, and manpower to address the significant oral health needs of Arkansas children.
Goals of the Arkansas Oral Health Zone:
- To collaborate with ongoing oral health initiatives, schools, communities, and health professionals to prevent and reduce dental disease in Arkansas children, especially the uninsured and underserved.
- To increase the number of underserved children who receive preventative dental services, and ensure that they are connected to a dental home.
- To enhance understanding of dental disease as a significant public health issue among children in Arkansas.
- To build a network of trained oral health educators and champions in Arkansas working to end suffering from preventable childhood dental disease.
The AR OHZ has engaged a wide range of partners and stakeholders in an effort to reach more vulnerable children with vital oral health services. Local stakeholders and partners include:
Arkansas Oral Health Zone Affiliates - Safety net clinics that are part of the America’s ToothFairy AR OHZ Affiliate Network haveaccess to donated products/equipment, educational materials financial grants, and community engagement programs.
- Community Clinic NWA - Springdale, AR
- Conway Interfaith Clinic - Conway, AR
- University of Little Rock Children International Future Smiles Dental Clinic - Little Rock, AR
Community Partners and Coalitions
- Arkansas Department of Health, Office of Oral Health
- Arkansas Department of Health, Community Health Specialists
- Arkansas Department of Health, Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities
- Arkansas Oral Health Coalition
- Arkansas State Dental Hygienists' Association
Want to stay up to date with what's happening in the Arkansas Oral Health Zone? Read past issues of our newsletter here:
If would like to be added to the email list to receive the AR OHZ newsletter and other AR OHZ updates, please e-mail Leigh.
Arkansas Oral Health Zone Resources
- Tips from the ToothFairy (three to a page)
- Tips for the ToothFairy (trifold)
- America's ToothFairy Kids Club Cards
For more information on the Arkansas OHZ, contact:
Leigh Quarles, MPH
Arkansas Oral Health Zone Manager