The Arkansas Oral Health Zone (OHZ) made possible with generous funding from the Delta Dental of Arkansas Foundation, is a statewide initiative that harnesses a community-engaged approach to breaking the cycle of pediatric dental disease and building healthier communities. The AR OHZ combines resources and programs from America’s ToothFairy: National Children’s Oral Health Foundation® with local programs, knowledge, expertise, and manpower to address the significant oral health needs of Arkansas children.
Goals of the Arkansas Oral Health Zone
- To collaborate with ongoing oral health initiatives, schools, communities, and health professionals to prevent and reduce dental disease in Arkansas children, especially the uninsured and underserved.
- To increase the number of underserved children who receive preventative dental services, and ensure that they are connected to a dental home.
- To enhance understanding of dental disease as a significant public health issue among children in Arkansas.
- To build a network of trained oral health educators and champions in Arkansas working to end suffering from preventable childhood dental disease.
The AR OHZ has engaged a wide range of partners and stakeholders in an effort to reach more vulnerable children with vital oral health services. Local stakeholders and partners include:
Arkansas Oral Health Zone Member Clinics– Arkansas safety net clinics that are part of the America’s ToothFairy Dental Clinic Resource Program have access to donated products/equipment, educational materials financial grants, and community engagement programs.
- Community Clinic NWA – Springdale, AR
- Conway Interfaith Clinic – Conway, AR
- University of Little Rock Children International Future Smiles Dental Clinic – Little Rock, AR
Community Partners and Coalitions
- Arkansas Department of Health, Office of Oral Health
- Arkansas Department of Health, Community Health Specialists
- Arkansas Department of Health, Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities
- Arkansas Oral Health Coalition
- Arkansas State Dental Hygienists’ Association
The Arkansas Oral Health Zone is made possible with generous support from
For more information on the Arkansas OHZ, contact:
Arkansas Oral Health Zone Manager
Arkansas Oral Health Zone News