Need to find Dental Care for your child?
America’s ToothFairy knows it is hard to maneuver your insurance coverage, what Medicaid will pay for and just what type of dentist to see and when. To help you locate providers in your area, use the search system below. Input the requested information and you will be directed to a list of dental professionals who could meet your current needs.
Also, members of our Dental Clinic Resource Program provide care for underserved populations.
Need Orthodontic Care for your child?
America’s ToothFairy realizes the challenge some face in finding more advanced dental care, such as orthodontics or other services, which may not be covered by insurance or Medicaid. To ensure you have exhausted every avenue, America’s ToothFairy brings you two organizational partners, Smiles for a Lifetime and Smiles Change Lives. Both are non-profit organizations helping many receive orthodontic care to improve not only their smiles, but their lives.
Smile for a Lifetime Requirements:
- Youth must be between 11 and 18
- Orthodontic care only (braces)
- Use the Smile for a Lifetime website to locate an orthodontic near your home
- Apply online using the Smile for a Lifetime application
Smile for a Lifetime, in addition to helping find orthodontic care for youth, supports America’s ToothFairy mission of enhancing children’s oral health literacy. By providing our ToothFairy 101® Community Education Kit to the dental office providing care, the youth is given the option to “Pay It Forward.” This is an opportunity for the youth receiving orthodontic care to learn and teach others about the importance of children’s oral health.
Smiles Change Lives Requirements
- Youth must be between 10 and 18
- Orthodontic care only (braces)
- Requires a financial investment of $630 ($30 application fee and $600 investment in care)
- Visit the Smiles Change Lives website for more information
Other Oral Health Information & Resources
- Find out what you need to know about your child’s oral health on our Facts About Tooth Decay page.
- The Parents Corner has fun activities, ideas and online resources for ensuring a healthy smile for your family.
- Questions about water fluoridation? Check out the Campaign for Dental Health website to learn what you need to know about community water fluoridation. There is also a Spanish language website. Find information on fluoride and preventing children’s tooth decay. Also check out this recent fluoridation study and response by the CDC.
- Sign up for our Kids Club for fun educational activities, tips and personalized letters from the ToothFairy!
- America’s ToothFairy is proud to support water as THE drink of choice. If you are looking for resources on promoting drinking water over other beverages, check out this free toolkit and fact sheet from the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. Also, check out this great video from The Mighty Mouth Campaign – Share the Love, Share the Water. Also available in Spanish.
- This Big List of Oral Health Resources is a great collection of helpful information all in one place.
- School-Based Dental Sealant Programs: Studies released by the Surgeon General support dental sealants and fluoride varnish application can help prevent tooth decay. Search to see if your state or local school has received a grant to offer students in need dental sealant programs through their public health office or school nurse.
- State Oral Health Programs and Resources: Through the Association of State and Territorial Dental Directors, each State has an oral health director. Accessing the website associated with your State’s oral health plan will also help you understand the nationwide network of safety net dental clinics along with other state-supported clinics providing low- to no-cost dental care.