The ToothFairy 101 Community Education Kit is an interactive tool for children and youth to learn about the daily essentials of proper dental care. Youth of all ages can benefit from lessons on brushing, flossing, tooth-friendly nutritional choices and how the body’s overall health benefits from proper oral hygiene.
The ToothFairy 101 Community Education Kit includes a double-sided magnetic display board, magnets, giant toothbrush, laminates, activities and a 12-lesson bi-lingual curriculum. It is designed for easy implementation through scripted lessons, fun educational print outs and tools for oral care demonstrations. There is a lot to learn from the “ToothFairy’s” Community Education Kit!
There are two ways to receive the kit:
1) Order a ToothFairy 101 Community Education Kit by making a suggested donation of $120.
Criteria for receiving a free ToothFairy 101 Community Education Kit:
- You are affiliated with a public health organization/school/community group/youth-serving organization/dental professional not affiliated with our current professional programs (i.e. school health educator, church youth leader, other adult ally, public health professional/educator, etc.).
- You are requesting no more than 1 Kit.
- You have the potential to reach at least 100 children/youth per year.
- You agree to collect matched pre- and post-tests on at least 70% of children/youth reached with the Kit.
- You agree to use, at a minimum, the 5 Core Lessons in multiple sessions.
A Supplement for Youth and Young Adults with Special Needs has been developed to accompany our ToothFairy 101 Community Education Kit benefiting youth and young adults with special needs and their educators. This supplement is designed to introduce students to the importance of oral health care knowledge. We have taken the 5 Core Lessons on Brushing, Flossing, Hand Washing, Germs and Cavities, and Nutrition and provided modifications specifically for individuals with special needs.