America’s ToothFairy and Special Olympics Special Smiles are teaming up to ensure Special Olympics athletes have the tools they need to protect their smiles. An estimated 50% of children will experience a tooth injury during childhood, however wearing a mouthguard reduces this risk by half. Mouth and tooth injuries can have serious consequences for children, especially children with special needs who often have difficulty accessing dental care.
Now through November 15, join us in supporting our Safe Smiles Campaign to help Special Olympics athletes across the country reduce the risk of injury and improve their oral health. Here’s how you can help:
- Donate: Give a gift to support the distribution of Shock Doctor mouthguards and to promote good oral health for Special Olympics athletes. Shock Doctor has generously agreed to match donations to the Safe Smiles campaign up to $5,000!
- STARTING FIVE LEVEL: Your gift of $50 will support safe smiles for a group of Special Olympics athletes.
- WINNING TEAM LEVEL: Your gift of $100 will protect the smiles of an entire Special Olympics team.
- REGIONAL BEST LEVEL: Your gift of $500 will promote mouth safety for Special Olympics teams in a region or state.
- Volunteer: Dentists would you consider volunteering a few hours of your time to fit a local Special Olympics team with mouthguards? Email Charita Boseman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“The Safe Smiles campaign will provide our Special Olympics athletes an important tool for dental health and the prevention of mouth injuries. With your generous support, our athletes can perform their very best in sports and in life.” – Dr. Steve Perlman, founder of Special Olympics Special Smiles.
Participating dentists will be recognized for their compassionate support on our website and e-newsletter.
Dental care is the most common unmet health care need for children with special needs. America’s ToothFairy is proud to support Special Olympics Special Smiles and an array of clinical programs across the country which provide oral health education, screenings and dental services for children and youth with special needs. Thank you for joining us in this special effort. Together, we can ensure youth with special needs have the tools they need for safe and healthy smiles!
Special Thanks To