The National Service Project of America’s ToothFairy
THE ROAD TO 350,000 STARTS WITH YOU! REGISTRATION FOR SMILE DRIVE 2018 IS OPEN!
Smile Drive 2018 kicks off February 1, but it is time to start planning TODAY! Make sure you register your Smile Drive site and start planning to help us reach our national goal of 350,000 dental products for children in need in 2018.
Smile Drive is about two things: raising awareness about children’s dental health and collecting dental care supplies for children in need. Many are shocked to learn that tooth decay is one of the most prevalent childhood disease in the US, but it is no wonder when we learn children need the basic prevention tools necessary to keep this disease at bay. With nearly 15 million children—21% of all children—living in poverty in the US, having a toothbrush is a luxury and often left off the shopping list when milk and bread are necessary to live.
This is where you and NCOHF step in to fill the gaps in the lives of children in need. Throughout February, NCOHF encourages you to host a Smile Drive to collect dental care products in your community. This includes toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, rinse and mouth guards. Anyone anywhere can host a Smile Drive—churches, school groups, Scouts, service clubs, businesses, dental offices, fraternities/sororities, even your local police department.
WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO ON HOW TO HOST A SMILE DRIVE Coming Soon!
SMILE DRIVE 2018 CONTEST Coming Soon!
THREE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN SMILE DRIVE
- HOST A SMILE DRIVE: Smile Drive is a fun way to give back to your community. If you have done a canned food drive, you can do a Smile Drive. Follow these simple steps:
- Register your Smile Drive. Set your collection goal and help us reach 350,000 products.
- Identify your donation recipient(s) (do not send them to NCOHF). Check with your local school district for a list of Title I schools in your community. Start a hygiene closet with your Smile Drive donations.
- Collect & count your donations.
- Report your donations to NCOHF by March 30, 2018.
- Deliver your donations to your recipient(s)
- DONATE TO THE TOOTHBRUSH FUND: If hosting a Smile Drive is not possible, but you still want to help, donate to the Toothbrush Fund. NCOHF receives approximately four toothbrushes for every dollar donated, so this is a great way to contribute to Smile Drive!
- ORDER TOOTHBRUSHES & SHIP THEM TO NCOHF: Order toothbrushes in bulk from our partner SmileMakers and set the shipping address to America’s ToothFairy at 4108 Park Road, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28209. We’ll distribute them to children in need on your behalf!
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com or call 704-817-5651 for more information.
Smile Drive News