The National Service Project of America’s ToothFairy
Did you know thousands of children across the U.S. share a toothbrush with their siblings or don’t have one at all? Throughout February – National Children’s Dental Health Month – and all year long you can help children and teens in need by participating in the America’s ToothFairy Smile Drive!
What is Smile Drive?
Smile Drive is similar to a canned food drive, but instead of collecting canned goods, you collect dental care products (i.e., toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, rinse, mouthguards, caps/containers, etc.). During February, National Children’s Dental Health Month, NCOHF places focus on Smile Drive, but anyone can host a Smile Drive any time of the year. The purpose of Smile Drive is to raise awareness of issues surrounding children’s dental health and wellness, while also creating an opportunity to collect dental care products for children in need.
1. Host a Smile Drive
Smile Drive is a fun, easy way for student groups, dental practices, businesses and other volunteer groups to help kids in their community. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Complete a brief registration form.
- Identify where your donations will go to help children in need. You can choose a local non-profit, establish or fill a hygiene closet in a school, or choose multiple organizations in your community to receive your Smile Drive products. PLEASE DO NOT SHIP YOUR PRODUCT TO NCOHF. Here’s a list of potential recipients.
- Collect donated products and deliver them to the place(s) you identified.
- Tell us how many products were donated and where you delivered them using this reporting form.
It’s that simple! As a registrant, you will receive access to a free Smile Drive Toolkit with flyers, donation box labels, web badges, a press release template and more – everything you need to promote your Smile Drive!
Get your colleagues involved by hosting a Smile Drive at your practice or business. Invite co-workers to collect dental care products and donate them to a organization in your community. You can even hold a fun competition to see which department or division collects the most. Watch this quick guide to hosting a Smile Drive.
2. Donate to the Toothbrush Fund
Don’t have time to hold a Smile Drive, but still want to help? Donate to our Toothbrush Fund! Every dollar you give will be used to provide toothbrushes for children in need.
3. Order Toothbrushes in Bulk
Order toothbrushes in bulk from our partner SmileMakers and set the shipping address to America’s ToothFairy at 4108 Park Road, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28209. We’ll distribute them to children in need on your behalf!
Email your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-559-9838. Thank you for joining us in saving young smiles!
Smile Drive News