Smile Drive is about two things: raising awareness about children’s dental health and collecting dental care supplies for children in need. Many are shocked to learn that tooth decay is the most prevalent childhood disease in the U.S. Children need the basic prevention tools, such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, to protect their smiles. With nearly 15 million children—21% of all children—living in poverty in the US, having a toothbrush is a luxury often left off the shopping list when milk and bread are necessary to live.
This is where you and America’s ToothFairy step in to fill the gaps in the lives of children in need. Throughout February, National Children’s Dental Health Month, or at another time of your choice, America’s ToothFairy encourages you to host a Smile Drive to collect dental care products for kids in your community. This includes toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, rinse and mouthguards. Anyone can host a Smile Drive with your church, school, Scout troop, service club, business, dental office, fraternity/sorority, etc.
THREE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN SMILE DRIVE
- HOST A SMILE DRIVE: Smile Drive is a fun way to give back to your community. If you have done a canned food drive, you can do a Smile Drive. Follow these simple steps:
- Register your Smile Drive. Set your collection goal and help us reach 350,000 products.
- Identify your donation recipient(s). Check with your local school district for a list of Title I schools in your community or start a hygiene closet with your Smile Drive donations. Download a list of additional potential recipients.
- Collect & count your donations.
- Report your donations to America’s ToothFairy by March 30, 2018.
- Deliver your donations to your recipient(s)
- DONATE TO THE TOOTHBRUSH FUND: If hosting a Smile Drive is not possible, but you still want to help, donate to the Toothbrush Fund. NCOHF receives approximately four toothbrushes for every dollar donated, so this is a great way to contribute to Smile Drive! You can also create your own Smile Drive fundraising page!
- ORDER TOOTHBRUSHES & SHIP THEM TO AMERICA’S TOOTHFAIRY: Order toothbrushes in bulk from our partner SmileMakers and set the shipping address to America’s ToothFairy at 4108 Park Road, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28209. We’ll distribute them to children in need on your behalf!
SMILE DRIVE CONTESTS
Don’t forget to enter our monthly Smile Drive contests!
January 2017 Contest: Most Creative Smile Drive – OPEN NOW!
Do you have a creative idea for your Smile Drive? If so, enter your Smile Drive in our Most Creative Smile Drive Contest! The winning Smile Drive host will receive a $150 Visa gift card. The deadline to enter is January 31, 2018. Learn more here!
Congratulations to our Past Contest Winners!
Congratulations to our December 2017 Secret ToothFairy Contest Winner: Erik Aragon from Montebello, CA! Check out his winning entry.
Congratulations to our November 2017 What’s Your Why Video Contest Winner: Jenny Locklin from Chandler, AZ! Watch her hilarious video.
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-350-1600 for more information. .
SMILE DRIVE NEWS