The America’s ToothFairy Smile Drive® is about two things: raising awareness about children’s dental health and collecting dental care supplies for children in need. Many are shocked to learn that tooth decay is the most prevalent childhood disease in the U.S. Children need the basic prevention tools, such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, to protect their smiles. With nearly 15 million children—21% of all children—living in poverty in the US, having a toothbrush is a luxury often left off the shopping list when milk and bread are necessary to live.
This is where you and America’s ToothFairy step in to fill the gaps in the lives of children in need. Throughout February, National Children’s Dental Health Month, or at another time of your choice, America’s ToothFairy encourages you to host a Smile Drive to collect dental care products for kids in your community. This includes toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, rinse and mouthguards. Anyone can host a Smile Drive with your church, school, Scout troop, service club, business, dental office, fraternity/sorority, etc.
THREE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN SMILE DRIVE
- HOST A SMILE DRIVE: Smile Drive is a fun way to give back to your community. If you have done a canned food drive, you can do a Smile Drive. Follow these simple steps:
- Register your Smile Drive. Set your collection goal and help us reach 350,000 products.
- Identify your donation recipient(s). Check with your local school district for a list of Title I schools in your community or start a hygiene closet with your Smile Drive donations. Download a list of additional potential recipients.
- Collect & count your donations.
- Report your donations to America’s ToothFairy by March 30, 2018.
- Deliver your donations to your recipient(s)
- DONATE TO THE TOOTHBRUSH FUND: If hosting a Smile Drive is not possible, but you still want to help, donate to the Toothbrush Fund. NCOHF receives approximately four toothbrushes for every dollar donated, so this is a great way to contribute to Smile Drive! You can also create your own Smile Drive fundraising page!
- ORDER TOOTHBRUSHES & SHIP THEM TO AMERICA’S TOOTHFAIRY: Order toothbrushes in bulk from our partner SmileMakers and set the shipping address to America’s ToothFairy at 4108 Park Road, Suite 300, Charlotte, NC 28209. We’ll distribute them to children in need on your behalf!
BE A SMILE DRIVE SUPERSTAR!
America’s ToothFairy offers a special “Smile Drive Superstar” promotion for companies and dental practices wishing to expand their participation in the Smile Drive. With your contribution of $500, America’s ToothFairy will provide resources and support to boost your Smile Drive impact and assist you with setting up a meaningful educational event for the children who receive your donated products. Learn more here.
SMILE DRIVE CONTESTS
Don’t forget to enter our monthly Smile Drive contests!
Share a picture from your Smile Drive for a chance to win a $50 Visa gift card. The deadline to enter is February 28, 2018. Learn more here!
Congratulations to our Past Contest Winners!
Congratulations to our January 2018 Most Creative Smile Drive Contest Winner: Sophia Causie from Concord, MI.
Congratulations to our December 2017 Secret ToothFairy Contest Winner: Erik Aragon from Montebello, CA! Check out his winning entry.
Congratulations to our November 2017 What’s Your Why Video Contest Winner: Jenny Locklin from Chandler, AZ! Watch her hilarious video.
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-350-1600 for more information. .
SMILE DRIVE NEWS
Do you have a creative idea for your Smile Drive? Tell us what makes your Smile Drive unique and you could win our Most Creative Smile Drive Contest! The winning… Angelina Catania and her HOSA: Future Health Professionals Club at Atlantic High School have kicked their Smile Drive into full swing. The club’s goal is to raise awareness of the… The America’s ToothFairy team was very proud to receive a grant from Speedway Children’s Charities at a special ceremony at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on December 6. At the event,…
Do you have a creative idea for your Smile Drive? Tell us what makes your Smile Drive unique and you could win our Most Creative Smile Drive Contest! The winning…
Angelina Catania and her HOSA: Future Health Professionals Club at Atlantic High School have kicked their Smile Drive into full swing. The club’s goal is to raise awareness of the…
The America’s ToothFairy team was very proud to receive a grant from Speedway Children’s Charities at a special ceremony at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on December 6. At the event,…